About the opportunity:
We are working with an active low-rise builder/developer with over 10 active projects underway within the GTA. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Project Coordinator. You will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager(s) with all duties from the pre-construction working drawing process through the construction phase to closeout.
- Coordinating and assisting with the management of consultant team throughout pre-construction process
- Following up with all consultants to ensure deliverables are met, organizing meetings, taking of meeting minutes, ensuring proper communication amongst consultant team, ensuring proper distribution of required materials, monitor consultant invoicing/payment for approval.
- Working with Project Manager of Construction to assist reviewing the preparation of sound specifications and drawings for assigned project(s); you should have a versed knowledge and understanding of blueprint reading
- Full coordination and obtainment of permits for required projects
- Monitor construction schedules and deliverables and report any variances to the Project Manager and identify quickly areas of concern; Be proactive to issues which impact schedule and budget
- Assist Project Manager(s) to ensure the quality and scheduling of the finishes are adhered to at the time of Pre Delivery
- Assist Project Manager(s) to establish method and procedure for Site Instructions, Contemplated Change Orders and Change Orders with Construction Managers and consultants;
- Assist the Project Manager(s) in the final project takeover and year-end warranty inspections
- Technical degree Construction Management Degree or diploma is preferred, however other post-secondary education will be considered
- Must have 2-5 years of previous experience working as a project coordinator with a Construction/Development firm in low-rise. Preferred will be given to those you have completed at least 1 full cycle of a low-rise project
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & MS Project
If you are a self-starter with lots of ambition and want to work for a leading developer in the GTA, then APPLY NOW.
Due to the volume of applications, we will only be contacting qualified applicants.